Prospective authors are invited to submit original technical papers using the EDAS.
Submissions must be in IEEE single-spaced double-column style with a length limitation of 6 pages (including title, abstract, all figures, tables, and references. see Paper Submission Guidelines) for full papers (oral presentation) and 3 pages for short papers (poster presentation).
Maximum one additional page with over length page charge of 10,000 JPY is allowed. Papers exceeding 7 pages will not be accepted at EDAS.
Accepted papers will be submitted to IEEExplore.
The Best Paper(s) will be recommended to be publish as extended journal paper(s) in IEICE Transactions on Communications. The Best Student Paper Award will be granted to outstanding paper(s) authored by a student as the first author.
Acceptance notification: 17 August 2018
Author registration: 31 August 2018
Conference topics include (but are not limited to)
- Cloud network and resource management
- Data Center Network Optimization and Management
- Reliability of Data Center Network and Architecture
- Energy-Efficient Datacenters and Networks
- Cloud Traffic Characterization and Measurements
- Cloud Traffic Engineering and Control-Plane Architectures
- Data Flow Management and Load Balancing
- Cloud computing and cloud storage
- Energy-Efficient Datacenters and Networks
- Cloud network and virtualization
- Data Center Networks
- Virtual Ethernet Switching, Data Center Bridging
- Green Data Centers and Cloud Networking
- Mobile Cloud Networking
- Virtualization of Network Equipment
- Software-Defined Networking
- Network Function Virtualization
- Middleware and Middleboxes
- Cloud network and supported services
- Big Data Management
- Data Analytics in Cloud
- Network Services to support IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Unified User and Machine Mobility Management
- Content and Service Distribution in Multilocation
- Complementing Edge Computing with Data Center Networks
- Cloud network architecture
- Distributed Data Center Architectures
- Internet Routing of Cloud data
- Intra-Cloud vs Inter-Cloud Management
- Cloud Federation and Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure
- Cloud network security and privacy
- Security, Privacy, and Confidentiality in Cloud Networking
- Cloud data provenance and data loss protection
- Cloud storage security
- Cloud network intrusion detection/prevention
- Distributed firewall in cloud and DPI
Paper Submission Guidelines
STEP 1 – Download the CloudNet 2018 Template
STEP 2 – Complete your paper
Full papers are limited to six pages (Maximum one additional page is allowed) in the IEEE two-column format.
STEP 3 – Upload your submission through EDAS Conference Management System
Upload your final paper through EDAS Conference Management System before May 25, 2018.
EDAS Paper submission available at: https://edas.info/N24505
Camera-ready Paper Submission Guidelines
STEP 1 - Complete your paper
Full papers are limited to six (6) pages in the IEEE two-column format for the final ccccamera-ready submission. Short papers are limited to three (3) pages in the IEEE two-column format. Maximum 1 additional page with over length page charge of 10,000 JPY is allowed. Full papers exceeding 7 pages and short papers exceeding 4 pages will not be accepted.
STEP 2 – Add a copyright notice
Only IEEE Xplore compatible PDF is accepted for final paper submission. Before Creating a PDF add the copyright notice to the bottom (left aligned, Times New Roman 8pts) of the first page of your source document.
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the US government, the copyright notice is: U.S. Government work not protected by U.S. copyright
- For papers in which all authors are employed by a Crown government (UK, Canada, and Australia), the copyright notice is: 978-1-5386-6831-3/18/$31.00 ©2018 Crown
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the European Union, the copyright notice is: 978-1-5386-6831-3/18/$31.00 ©2018 European Union
- For all other papers the copyright notice is: 978-1-5386-6831-3/18/$31.00 ©2018 IEEE
STEP 3 – Transfer your document into IEEE compatible PDF
The PDF of the paper HAS TO BE created using IEEE’s service PDF eXpress, to ensure its compliance with IEEE requirements for IEEE Xplore compatible PDF files. To convert the source file into PDF using IEEE PDF eXpress, do the following:
- Access IEEE PDF eXpress at the following link: https://www.pdf-express.org
First-time users should do the following:
- Select the "New Users - Click Here" link.
- Enter the following:
- Continue to enter information as prompted.
1. 44017X for the Conference ID
2. your email address
3. a password
Previous users of PDF eXpress need to follow the above steps, but should enter the same password that was used for previous conferences. Verify that your contact information is valid.
STEP 4 - Copyright
Before uploading your final paper, authors have to complete the copyright process through EDAS. Click the (c) link in the My Papers tab. This must be completed for your paper to be included in the conference.
STEP 5 – Upload your submission through EDAS
Upload your final paper through EDAS by 5 September, 2018.
Poster Presentation Guidelines
To ensure a smooth running of the poster sessions, the Authors are expected to:
- All poster materials should be provided by the author(s).
- Each poster will be assigned to a specific board during the scheduled poster session.
- The poster board size is 90cm(W) x 200cm(H). Any poster size fitting in the board size will be fine, but we do not recommend a poster size smaller than A0.
- Set up their posters 1 hour before the poster session starts.
- Be present at their poster for the entire poster session.
- Explain their paper to the collected audience.
- Answer questions and interact as appropriate.
- Remove their materials at the end of the poster session.