The conference will take place in Daiwa Ubiquitous Computing Research Building, placed in campus of the University of Tokyo (see the map below how to reach the conference venue).
Daiwa Ubiquitous Academic Research Building,
Registration desk will be open at the 3rd floor of the Daiwa Ubiquitous Academic Research Building.
Mon. 8:00 - 17:30
Tue. 8:45 - 17:00
Wed. 8:45 - 13:30
The conference will be held at the Hongo Campus of the University of Tokyo (Hongo Campus Map). The nearest station is "Hongo-sanchome" (Marunouchi Line and Oedo Line). The campus is approximately 8 minutes' walk from the station.
- Tokyo Railway and Subway Route Map You can find major JR railway and subway route maps in Tokyo and the surrounding areas.
(1) Welcome reception (Monday, October 22)
Welcome reception will be held at Faculty of Medicine Experimental Research Center on Monday (October 22) from 18:00 to 20:00. The venue is Capo Pellicano (13th floor of the building). 5-minutes' walk from the conference venue.
(2) Banquet (Tuesday, October 23)
Banquet will be held on Tuesday (October 23) on Yakatabune (Traditional Japanese Dinner Cruise). The boat will depart Asashio canal pier at 18:10. To Asashio Canal Pier, please take the Oedo-line subway from Hongo 3-chome station and get off Kachidoki station. It takes 45 minutes from the conference venue. The dinner cruise will end at Asakusa Azumabashi Pier (Br.) around 21:00. The nearest subway station is Asakusa.
Accommodations and Travel Information
- Official Tokyo Travel Guide "GO TOKYO" You can find travel information including accommodations.
- Live Japan
- MICHELIN GUIDE Tokyo 2018
We do not recommend nor secure specific hotels for the conference. Accommodations near the Tokyo station has good access to the venue. For accommodations, please refer to the following web site.
Other Information Sites
- Visit UTokyo
- Visit Authentic TOKYO
- Japan Guide
- Japan Hoppers
- EDO-TOKYO MUSEUM
- Ghibli Museum
- Kawagoe Festival (10/20-21)
Attendees and other participants of certain nationalities will be required to obtain a visa to enter Japan.
They should apply in person at the Japanese Embassy or Consulate in their country and such arrangements may take up to a few months, so it is advised that you should start its preparation early.
- Please check the following website to see if you are required a visa to visit Japan.
For detailed visa info, visit website, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan, Guide to Japanese Visas
If you are not really sure if you need to obtain a visa, or if you don't know what you should prepare, please make inquiries to the Japanese embassy or consulate in the country where you reside.
- If you need to obtain a visa, participants of CloudNet 2018 can generate their Visa Assistance Letters from IEEE Communication Society. Please follow the instructions listed in Visa Assistance Request Form.
- If you need some documents from Japan, such as "a letter of reason for invitation", the CloudNet 2018 VISA support office issues such documents only for those who satisfy the following conditions:
- completion and confirmation of payment of conference registration,
- completion and confirmation of hotel and flight reservations,
- When you satisfy these conditions, please fill out the Visa Information Form and send it to CloudNet 2018 visa support office, with
- Certificate of employment or enrollment (including specified tenure period of current job, salary, job title) (electronic copy)
- Verification of travel expense coverage from your company / university /institute (electronic copy)
- Confirmation of your flights and hotel reservations (electronic copy)
- Travel itinerary/receipt (electronic copy)
- Proof of your registration to CloudNet 2018
- Unless you complete this Information Form, it will not be possible for us to issue the document you need. Please note that Visa Information Form is not a "visa application form," but it is used for he Visa Support Office to prepare the documents you should submit to the Japanese embassy or consulate.
- Once you receive the documents from the CloudNet 2018 Visa Support Office, you can go apply at the Japanese Embassy or Consulate in your country.
Please keep in mind that it can take more than one month for your visa to be processed.
CloudNet 2018 Visa Support Office E-mail: cloudnet2018-supportcomsoc.org